Story of Addiction (S05 E01)

First of all let me say happy new month, may God continue to bless you, and I'm really sorry this came so late, after a long absence. But hey, story of addiction is back and it is not running anywhere again.... LOL enjoy first episode of season five below..


I don't have anything to tell her. I picked the call but sounded like someone that has been asleep for 2 hours.

Me: (yawning into the phone) Hello baby
Motunrayo: are you sleeping?
Me: yes... but I am up now
Motunrayo: I dont know that you were sleeping. I wouldn't have called. Call me back when you are fully up. Sorry for disturbing your sleep.
Me: okay, I sure will. Bye.

I heaved a sigh of relief after she ended the call. I don't want her to start all over again and starts telling me things that I already know (no time for her). At least not now that things are getting much better between us. I don't want to lie about cancelling any of our appointment again.
I laid on the sofa and thought over what happened between Chidinma and I. I was very happy about how the whole event turned out, at least I'm not indebted to her by making love with her. I put a big smile on my face when my little sister called out for my attention.

Funmilayo: Bros mi
Me: (mood changed) what is it?
Funmilayo: hanhan... what is it as how? Can't I come and greet you again ni?
Me: (smiling) you... greet me. Okay ooo.
Funmilayo: please I need a favour from you.
Me: what is it?
Funmilayo: (puppy eyes) I want you to help me do some assignment on the Internet. You know that I don't know how to surf the net yet.
Me: (smiling) so what's in for me?
Funmilayo: (smiling) that I don't get to tell mummy what you and aunty Chidinma were doing when I entered
Me: (laughing loud) Funmi... its not what you think, besides I know that you dare not tell mum.
Funmilayo: (smiling) yes I can't oo. But Brother Femi, you are very scary and unpredictable these days. You and aunty Chidinma. She's older than you and you know that.

I smiled within myself. If Chidinma is old to her; what would she say when she gets to see Sarah or Adedoyin. Then she will definitely know that my fling with Chidinma is what the government calls "child abuse".

Me: I don't have any thing with Chidinma except the normal relationship between both of us and the better you realised that the better.

She didn't even look convinced but who cares? She gave me her assignment on Biology (genetics). I promised to do it for her before Monday but definitely not today.

Funmilayo: (smiling) Thank you bros mi.. I really need to rest sef. I'm going for a vigil tonight.

When she mentioned "vigil"... my brain rebooted to Sarah and Adedoyin coming into Lagos today

Me: can I come?
Funmilayo: (smiling) how many times have I invited you and you always turned me down. I will be very happy if you could come.
Me: what about mummy? Is she going too?
Funmilayo: (looking suspicious) I don't think she will be going today because it's youth vigil. So tell me, why is the sudden anticipation for vigil; I know that there's something to it.
Me: (smiling) you know me inside out but promise me that you won't tell anybody, even brother Segun
Funmilayo: (looking serious) I promise
Me: okay.. There's this wonderful night club that my friends used to talk about. They always have ladies night every Fridays. I have been dreaming of going there. Just to have a feel about what it's all about. Badoo always go clubbing and he used to tell me about how it feels like. I.... (cuts me off).
Funmilayo: Club... Ladies night... so what if dad gets to know that you dint go with me to the vigil.
Me: (smiling) he will definitely know only if you tell him
Funmilayo: (sounding scared) you know that I won't tell him but what if something unexpected happens? I don't want to get him angry.

It took awhile before I could convince and assure her about going to the vigil with her. Adedoyin and Sarah are coming around 10pm tonight. I just hope that there's no delay in their flight; or else I might be stranded in the church.
I heard that flight from Abuja to Lagos is around 1 hour 15 minutes. Only god knows when they would be leaving the airport and the time of their arrival. Sarah told me that they will be in Lagos by 10pm but I don't know if the checking out time is included or not. I am beginning to feel nervous than ever. I have never lied to sleep outside my father's house before.

No comments:

Post a Comment