Story of Addiction (S05 E02)


I tried relaxing myself and I connected a call to Bidemi. I just have to call her to know if she's also going for the vigil or not. If she's going then I'm not. I dialled her number, she picks.


Bidemi: hello Femi...
Me: hello dear, don't tell me your mum is there with you?
Bidemi: (smiling) yes and we are cooking together.
Me: okay ooo... I hope the phone is not on speaker?
Bidemi: no it's not. What's it?
Me: nothing... just want to tell you how much I love you and how much I'm missing you right now.
Bidemi: (smiling) hmnnnn, go ahead.
Me: (smiling) your mum is there, I can't. Let's do midnight call later in the evening.
Bidemi: okay, that's okay with me. I just hope that you won't sleep off on me this time around?
Me: (smiling) I'm very tired sef, can't do night call today besides are you not going for vigil tonight? I heard funmilayo saying something about youth vigil.
Bidemi: yes but I'm not going today.... it's not in my plans for the week.
Me: (happy mood) okay ooo... I might call you back to tell you how much I love you... not midnight call o
Bidemi: (giggles) I will be expecting your call
Me: I love you...
Bidemi: bye... I will be expecting the call.

She ended the call without saying "I love you too". That's the least of what I expected from her with her mother around. At least she's not going for the vigil. I smiled as I locked myself down with what might happen between Adedoyin and Sarah with me around them.
I am beginning to get scared about the whole issue when my phone rang. It's from Adedoyin. I heaved a sigh of fear before I picked.

Me: (smiling) hello dear
Adedoyin: (happy tone) Hello Femi, we are on our way to the airport now. I can't wait to see you.
Me: (smiling) Me too... I have been looking for a way to stay out tonight. I might spend the night with you guys.
Adedoyin: (smiling) that would be lovely... Sarah wants to speak with you.
Me: okay
Sarah: (happy) Hello Femi
Me: it's been a while... I'm very happy that I will get to see you guys today.
Sarah: (smiling) Me too... There's a lot we have to catch up on. Besides, I have a surprise for you. Just help me to thank Adedoyin, she made it all possible.
Me: I will

I was hearing Adedoyin from the background that "what are friends for?". I ended the call when they said that they were about alighting the car and they have to carry their luggages...
It's around 8pm now. Maybe their plane leaves around 8:30pm and what is the surprise that Sarah is talking about. I was lost in thought when Funmilayo enters my room.

Funmilayo: (smiling) I told mum about the vigil and she's very happy that you are going.
Me: (smiling) my sweet sister. What would I have done without you? Your assignment is my first assignment tomorrow I promise.
Funmilayo: (smiling) just promise me that you will be home before 6am tomorrow.
Me: I promise... don't worry yourself. I will definitely come and join you before you leave the church.

She rushed out of my room when mummy calls out her name. It seems that they were not through with the cooking. I relaxed my head on the pillow looking at the ceiling and trying to know how the event might turned out. I was lost in thought that I didn't know when I slept off.

Funmilayo: Brother Femi... Brother Femi... (tapping me) it's after 10pm. Are you not going again? Dad might not allow us to go again if he gets to know that we have not even prepared for the vigil.
Me: (yawning) after ten... let me rush up to take my bath. Help me with my food.

I left her in the room and rushed to the bathroom. I took one of those bathe that one would have in the harmattan period (washing up the strategic planning). Within a minute or two, I was out of the bathroom. I was about putting on my shirt when my sister came in with my food. I rushed it up with the amazement of my sister.

Funmilayo: (smiling) you need to see how you are rushing down your food, I just hope your outing is worth it.
Me: abi ooo.

1 comment: