Story of Addiction (S01 E09)

We got to her house around 7pm. I envisage to enter so as to say hello to Bidemi (I dey fear). We met her mum in the living room. We both chorus our greeting.
Me&Kikelomo: Eku ile ma
Mummy K: Ekabo... look at the time you people are coming back.
Kikelomo: we are sorry ma.. It's the traffic. Ema binu
Mummy K: and Femi... you now see Kikelomo for only a day... you now forget your friend Bidemi abi
Me: it's not like that ma.... we explained to her when going (feeling guilty). that's even why I entered to say hello before heading home. Is she in her room ma?
Mummy K: Yes.... and you Kikelomo, go and off all those things you put on and come and assist me in the kitchen.

Kikelomo: Yes mummy (not happy) I left for her room reciting short prayer within me. I knocked but got no response. I entered and I saw her sleeping. I knew that she's not sleeping, maybe she dint just want to see me. I called out her name "Bidemi"... she replied.. yes. You guys areback.
Me: Yes... I got you some snacks and ice cream. (handling over the nylon to her)
Bidemi: thank you.
Me: I'm sorry about everything today. It's something I'm even ashamed of thinking over again.
Bidemi: it's okay... just that a lot went through my mind today. and if this is what being in love is all about ; I think I can't stand it. Today was hell.
Me: I'm sorry.... it's almost 8:00pm... I think I got to start going... will call you in the night to explain how the party went to you. (kiss her on a lips)
Bidemi: Okay... let me see you off. We got to the gate and I waved her good night. I got home 8:12pm. Thank God that my small god(dad) is not yet back from the office. He works at Tincan island, apapa. He comes home anytime after 8pm. I sneaked into my room, avoiding my mum because of the unfilled GCE form. I locked myself from inside... thinking about the whole event when Kikelomo's call rang on my phone. we started chatting.
Me: Hello
Kikelomo: Hello, I hope you are home now.
Me: Yes... thanks for today.
Kikelomo: no ooo... I should be the one thanking you.... you made my day special. I always envy my friends but with you around today.... the tides turned. You need to see them when I was with them.
Me: really... but what is so special about me that made them to be so hush like that? (call entered... Bidemi's call)
Kikelomo: You are cute.... besides every gal would love to have you as her boyfriend.
Me: (giggling) hmnnnnnn.... including you I presume (Bidemi 2nd call enters)
Kikelomo: Hmnnnn... why not but I don't share what is mine..... guys like you usually have many girlfriend.
Me: I don't have any girlfriend except for the one you gave me.
Kikelomo: Chioma abi?.... okay oooo
Bidemi's calls keeps beeping while I was on the phone with
Kikelomo. I discharged her and dials her number.

3 comments: