Story of Addiction (S01 E06)

I slept back and woke up around 8:30am. My kid sister has done all the domestic work. I went to the bathroom for my early morning drills. Collected my the scratch card from my mum, dashed to Bidemi's house for the makeup promised. I had planned of taking Bidemi out (to where I don't know yet). I wore one of my best shirts, a jean and a nice step on. If there's anything I'm proud of, it's my style of dressing. I knocked at the Adeboye's gate.
Abdul: na who be that
Me: na me Abdul, good morning.... is Bidemi in?
Abdul: Mawning ooo, she dey.. (opens the gate while I entered)
On my way in, I met Kikelomo and we exchanged greetings. She complemented my dressing and she asked if I have any plans for the day or appointment with Bidemi (I can't tell her that Bidemi & I have a date). I replied no.

Kikelomo: good, since you don't have any appointment with
Bidemi, why don't you act up as my boyfriend to a friends party.
Me: I...... I ...... I have to fill my GCE Form (which kin wahala be this sef)
Kikelomo: hush... but don't worry. we will come back early, besides you can fill it tomorrow.
Me: Okay.. is Bidemi coming with us?
Kikelomo: no.... it is strictly for couples and I don't think she has someone that she would come with
Me: Okay no wahala (I know say wahala Dey ooo) .... when are we leaving?
Kikelomo: next 30 minutes.... let me rush to dress up
Me: Okay, let me use the opportunity to say hello to Bidemi.
Kikelomo: Okay, but be fast about it (rushing to her room)
I knocked on Bidemi's door and she said "enter jo" you wey I don dey hear your voice since.
Me: Good Morning Dear
Bidemi: .Morning love. As cute as ever. Fine boy! Are you going to a party?
Me: No... I mean yes
Bidemi: what do you mean by no and yes? What is it?
Me: I'm going to a party with your sister. She just invited me about 10 minutes ago.
Bidemi: I see.... can I come?
Me: No because she said you can't come (don't want to tell her that it's a couples party)
Bidemi: Okay (looks sad). .. so you had already planned this party since yesterday. You prepared all dressed up for a party and you now lied that she invited you today.
Me: (dint want to tell her about our date) it's not what you think. I really want to stay with you but if I choose to stay back, it would bring her to be suspicious of us.
Bidemi: and so what.... I saw the way you were looking at her yesterday (now tears rolling down her cheek). I know that...... Me: (cuts her off) stop it. It's your sister we are talking about here. What do you take me for? (angry mood activated). A random player. I'm going to the party weather you like it or not. (stormed out of her room).
Bidemi: (now crying) that's what you guys are good at.... running away. I went and sat down at the living room, waiting for Kikelomo. It seems like ages but she eventually came out. She puts on nice dress that compliment her beautiful face. I told her that she's beautiful and her boyfriend will be very happy to have her. She's now blushing... thanks dear. I looked towards Bidemi's room and I found her staring at us ( eyes swollen). Kikelomo went closer to her.
Kikelomo: what is wrong with you Bidemi? Why are you crying?
Bidemi: (lied) I dint sleep all through the night because I have a running stomach.
Kikelomo: and you dint deem to tell me.... I'm around now you know
Bidemi: sorry but I'm fine now.
Kikelomo: Okay.... hope Femi told you that we are going for a party?
Bidemi: (looks me with bad eye) yes he did
Kikelomo: good... we are running late. see you later my dear. Bye
Bidemi: bye
Me: bye... (she dint even answer me)
We got a cab and off we go to the party.

3 comments: