Story of Addiction (Episode 174)




I touched my leg and did as if something is biting me on it.
Bread seller: (angry voice) what's it?
Me: (coughs) I want to know if you by any means know Johnson street around here.
I know that she would definitely know where Johnson's street is located because of the nature of her work.
Bread seller: (smiling) so because I hawk now, you now turn me to your google map. Anyway, it's just on the third/fourth street from here (pointing to the direction).

Me: (smiling) you are very funny! Anyway, thanks!
Bread seller: (smiling) you are welcome.
She turns around and took her leave. She wouldn't have taken up to 3 steps when I call out her usual name... Sister! Sister!!
She looked back but with a more friendly look this time.
Bread seller: what's is it this time?
Me: (smiling) I'm sorry for bothering you again. It's just that I know where Johnson's street is. I just don't know how to strike a conversation with you because I can see that you are rushing home.
Bread seller: (curiously listening)
Me: (rapping out my lines) I live down the road and this is not the first time that I am seeing you being this beautiful. I like you and I will want to be a very good friend with you.
Bread seller: (smiling) you dint even tell me your name, it really depicts how desperate you are to be my friend.
Me: (smiling) my bad.. I'm Femi... can I know yours?
Bread seller: Oluwanifemi
Me: (smiling) Oluwanifemi, that's a nice name. Can I call you Ifemi for short.
Oluwanifemi: (laughing softly) no.. Nifemi for short is okay.
We chatted for like 10mins. I got to know more about her within those period. Her english is very fluent; even though I know how hard she is trying to add some America accent to it.
Her construction and the use of tense is superb. She agreed to be my friend but she didn't give me any other details about herself. I would have persuaded her to give me her phone number but I don't want her to look at me as a desperado and
besides I have exceeded my time outside. She puts back her tray on her head and told me that she would
give me her phone number anytime we see again. I waved at her as she walks towards the direction of my house. I wanted to walk down with her but my spirit dint want to. I rushed to the suya point and bought N500 suya; then walked briskly back home.
I got back home around some minutes to 9pm. I gently sneaked into Funmilayo's room. She was still feeling moody about her friend.
Me: (smiling) you are not even fine again... I will marry another girl ooo! Cheer up jo!
Funmilayo: (forcing a smile) I'm okay bros... I brought your food to your room not quite long but I met your absence.
Me: (smiling) I went to get you suya...
Funmilayo: (smiling) thank you bros! You are the best.
We ate the suya together and she gave me Bayo's number. I promised calling him tomorrow morning before heading for my room. I laid peacefully on my bed, trying to find out what I did wrong with the way I chatted with Nifemi. She's very beautiful and sounds very friendly. I need to talk with her very soon. I was lost in thought when my phone rang. I hurriedly picked it when I knew it was from Chidinma. I promised calling her after she left. She must be very angry by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment