Story of Addiction (Episode 143)




She sobbed as she felt my hands around her shoulder. The tears in her eyes increased. I wanted to say something but I dint know what to say her. Telling her sorry; would definitely add more pains to her.
I just sat down with her while stylishly using my hands to rub up and down her shoulder. We were like that for awhile when Chidinma broke the silence.
Chidinma: it's almost 4pm Femi. I think I should start.
Me: (smiling) okay Chidinma... normal lessons starts tomorrow. mind you: tomorrow is my appointment with Doctor Ayeni. We will go together: that's if you don't mind?
Chidinma: (smiling) no problem... we will go together. Bidemi, do take care of yourself! Greet Kikelomo for me (waved at Funmilayo).
Bidemi: okay
Chidinma left for her house. Funmilayo and I just kept staring into each others eyes; not knowing what to do nor say. It was quite long that Chidinma left that Kikelomo entered the room. She dint even greet any of us.
Kikelomo: (serious tone) what are you doing beside her Femi?
I don't think it's Bidemi that have a problem; I think it's you. You kept leading her into thinking that what she's doing is the right thing. Just keep on leading her on; I have said my own and I will continue saying it..... and you Bidemi, what are still doing seating down? you better pack your things and let us go.
Bidemi did not even utter a word. She just picked her bag and headed straight to the door. Kikelomo followed her and they headed to the hospital as they ought to.
I was now left with Funmilayo. She just kept staring and smiling at intervals.
Me: what is it?
Funmilayo: (smiling) it's only brother Segun that I thought that likes girls. You.... (cuts her off)
Me: (smiling) I'm still not compared to Badoo. He's a bomb and he knows that himself.
Funmilayo: I know he's good but I have not seen girls fighting over him in public.
Me: it's Bidemi.... I just don't know what I did to her? she loves me dearly that it scares me; even when I'm with her.
Funmilayo: can I ask you a question?
Me: sure...
Funmilayo: like I have said, it's just a question. Don't get angry over it please.
Me: (thinking) okay

Funmilayo: have you slept with Bidemi?
Me: hanhan.... you are still young to be talking about sleeping with someone or not. Okay... I have not slept with her.
Funmilayo: I don't believe you. If you have not actually done something like that to her; then she has no right to get so attached to you. With what she did the other day and today; I think she can kill because of you.
I kept quiet for awhile and reasoned with what Funmilayo said. If truly I have slept with her; I would have being indebted to her
forever. She won't even allow me to talk with any ladies at all (including my mum and Funmilayo). I tried convincing Funmilayo about not making love to her but she dint believe me.
I decided to let the case rest by telling her to cook rice for me.
She headed to the kitchen and I dialled Motunrayo's number.
She picked after like 3 beeps.
Motunrayo: hello Femi... I'm sorry for not making it today and not calling to inform you. My dad asked me to do some things and I couldn't get it done on time.
Me: it's nothing jare... I'm missing you. I feel like hearing your voice and that's why I called.
I said some interesting words to her and she kept giggling at the end of the other phone. She promised to see me tomorrow.
I looked forward in seeing her tomorrow. I ended the phone with a smile on my face.
Motunrayo can come over now; at least I won't be bothered by the Adeboye's for now. I was still thinking how I'm going to invite her over with Chidinma still coming tomorrow when a message tone beep on my phone.
I checked it. It's First bank credit alert. I hurriedly checked the message.

2 comments: