Story of Addiction (Episode 160)


Chidinma: no... or do you?
Me: (smiling) I have a lot to tell you but it's not on phone.
When we see tomorrow I will tell you
Chidinma: (smiling) can't wait for you to tell me whatever you want to tell me.
Me: it's nothing really; besides it's what you already know.
Chidinma: Hmnnnn... okay. Then give me an hint about what you want to tell me
Me: you are a very beautiful lady and any guy will be very happy to have you as his girlfriend.

Chidinma: (giggles) is that the hint or a compliment?
Me: (smiling) both.. I will give you the full gist tomorrow.
Chidinma: okay.. till tomorrow then.
Me: (yawning) feeling sleepy now. Since you said I should not ask you about your boyfriend; will you please dream about me then?
Chidinma: (shy voice) I will, only if you promise to do the same thing for me.
Me: (smiling) sure thing. Good night Chichi
Chidinma: (giggles) good night Femi.. sweet dreams
Me: same here.
She ended the call with me still not knowing what I'm going to tell her tomorrow. I am now very tired. I packed Badoo's laptop from the bed and I slept off.
I woke up around 8am on Monday morning. As usual, I dint expect any of my family members to be at home. I hurriedly prepared myself for lessons. I knew that Chidinma would be around anytime soon. In less than 30mins I got myself ready. I was about to connect a call to Motunrayo when Chidinma entered the living room. As usual, I was impressed. All her clothes were hugged to her body.
Me: (smiling) good morning ma
Chidinma: (smiling) good morning Femi, how was your night?
Me: (smiling) never would have been better. I fulfilled my part of the promise.
Chidinma: (confused) what promised?
Me: I dreamt about you and I. The dream was a little bit scary because you were beating me because I dint do an assignment.
Chidinma: (laughing loudly) liar... I know that you did not had any dream
Me: (smiling) okay if you say so.. did you fulfil yours?
Chidinma: no... I was busy all. through the night, preparing for today's lessons. I'm sorry.
I was about to say something when my phone rang. It's from Bidemi. I picked while looking at Chidinma with a smile on my face.
Me: hello Bidemi..
Bidemi: (happy voice) good morning Femi. I have been thinking about what happened yesterday and I can't wait for you to fulfil your promise.
Me: (low voice) I can't talk right now, Chidinma is here with me and we are about commencing our tutorial.
Bidemi: oops... okay. help me to greet her and do call me on any available time you get
Me: okay
She terminated the call and I tried to pick up a conversation from where we stooped but Chidinma just cuts me off.
Chidinma: (voice serious) are you still dating Bidemi?
Me: (surprised) what do you want me to tell you? She's still my friend.
Chidinma: don't worry. I don't think you deserve someone like
her. She's just too (cuts her off)
Me: (mood swing) can we just start our lesson please?
Chidinma: (not happy) okay..
Me: (remorseful voice) I'm sorry for ....(cuts me off)
Chidinma: don't bother, I understand. I think we should just concentrate on why we were here.
She opened the her lesson note and she started explaining somethings to me. She dint even bother to ask if I understood or not. She moved on to the next topic. Her tone changed from the usual Chidinma to an unknown Chidinma. The look on her
face scared me that I could not challenged the way she was teaching me. I played along and acted as if nothing happened.
We continued like that till 1pm; unlike 11am when I usually requested for food break. I am very hungry and I was about to ask her for the break when her phone rang.
She picked the call and she talked at length with the person. It seems the guy is inviting her for a party tomorrow. I just kept quiet and hoped she accept the proposal. Tomorrow is Motunrayo's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment