Story of Addiction (Episode 155)



I laid there thinking about the event with Shade. I wanted to call her but I don't want her to start thinking about it again. I drafted a text message and I forwarded it to her.
"I have never being this confused about someone. I just wanted to be your friend (nothing more). If you think I'm not good enough to be your friend; it's your choice. I'm sorry about today. For the record; you look cuter when you smile to when you are angry and in tears. Let me picture you smiling."

It's 9pm now and my little sister didn't bring my super. I laid on my bed without thinking about the whole event that happened during the day. I connected a call to Bidemi. She told me that she was about to call me. She said that their dad is now home with them. I ended the call and I slept off.
I woke up around 2am starving. I went to the kitchen and I found my rice in the kitchen; covered. I microwaved it and I brought the plate full of rice to me. I looked at my phone and I saw Sarah, Adedoyin, Motunrayo and Shade's missed calls on
my phone. I don't think Sarah and Adedoyin can help my situation now. I flashed Shade and she called back almost immediately. I picked.
Me: hello Shade
Shade: good morning Femi.
Me: good morning Shade. I dint want to disturb your sleep; that is why I flashed to know if you are still up.
Shade: I don't sleep if I'm on night shift. I'm always on standby.
Me: okay.. work things. That's lovely. Shade, I need a favour from you.
Shade: (curiously waiting) what is it?
Me: please and please; I don't want to get into a quarrel with you this morning. I promise to be nice.
Shade: okay... I'm sorry about today
Me: I'm the one that ought to apologise to you. I'm sorry.
Shade: it's okay. I'm just intimidated anytime I see you.
Me: I'm still the same old Femi you know Shade. Things have not changed with me. I still care about people around me.
Shade: so tell me, what changed you from being an introvert? I can't remember you doing anything back then in school.
I laughed and I explained how my love life all started. How I was slapped at the cinemas and how Tunde hooked me up with older ladies. She was such a good listener and she kept asking me questions that I gladly answered.
Me: I have said a lot about myself; so let's talk about you?
Shade: (smiling) what do you want to know about me?
Me: everything. To start with, what changes you from being an extrovert?
Shade: (smiling) I'm still an extrovert. I still party and hangout with my friends. It's just that I have restricted some of my wild life.
Me: (smiling) interesting. What do you mean by wild life?
Shade: you know most of it already. Smoking, drinking, sleeping with older and married men, snatching friends boyfriends and so many odd things.
Me: okay, what made you to stop?
Shade: (low voice) my parents sent me away because of my wayward life. I have to fend for myself now.
Me: (sounding sorry) but you are a changed person now. Why don't you go back to beg them?
Shade: (sobbing) it's more complicated than you think. I think we should talk about something else.
Me: (smiling) sure.
We talked till 4am in the morning. She seems a very nice person. She told me some of her escapades in school. I laughed at every one of them while she mocked me for not
getting any school experience.
Shade: (smiling) it's been long I have been this happy. Thanks for your time
Me: (smiling) me too... I really enjoyed your company. I hope everyday would be like this; not like yesterday
Shade: (giggles) me too... I have to start making breakfast for some people. I will call you later in the day.
Me: okay Shade. Take care of yourself.
Shade: and you too
She ended the call on a very happy tone. I waited for 5minutes and I called her back. She picked almost immediately.
Shade: hello Femi.
Me: I'm sorry for calling back again. I just want to hear your sweet voice again before going back to bed. It's just melodious.
Shade: (smiling) is that why you called back?
Me: yes, goodbye Shade.
Shade: okay bye, I will call you as soon as I'm done.

2 comments: