Story of Addiction (Episode 162)



Me: (smiling) yes, I hope you are doing great?
Motunrayo: (smiling) yes, now that I know that we are seeing tomorrow. I wouldn't have been much better.
Me: (feigning happiness) me too. I can't wait to see you
tomorrow. I love you Motunrayo.
Motunrayo: (giggles) It's been long you told me that. I love you too.
Me: (smiling) I'm sorry about that. I would try to say it more often if you want.
Motunrayo: that's not what I meant but I wouldn't mind if you say it more often.
She ended the call still insisting on coming tomorrow. I wished her to come over tomorrow but this issue of a party with kikelomo and Chidinma has now had my mind divided. I went to my room and laid my head on the bed. If I don't allow
Motunrayo to come tomorrow; she would be very angry with me. I don't know what to do. I was still thinking what to do when Sarah called me. I picked.
Me: good evening Sarah

Sarah: (happy voice) it's really a good evening. I have just collected a cheque of millions of naira to supply furniture to some government schools in Kano and Kaduna state. I'm very happy (screamed)
Me: (shouted) that's the best news I have heard all day. I'm very happy for you. What about Adedoyin?
Sarah: (happy voice) she's here with me. She wants to talk with you.
Me: please give her the phone.
Adedoyin: (smiling and shouting) we nailed the contract Femi, we are still hoping to nail some other ones too. Hopefully this week, we will roundup with all the proposal. Just keep praying for us.
Me: I will not stop praying my dear. I'm happy for you guys.
May God let your friendship be forever.
Adedoyin: Amen oooo. We are going to celebrate it now. It's just a pity that you are not here with us right now.
Me: me too. I really miss you guys.
I ended the call really missing them but there's nothing I can do. I'm now back to reality and not fantasy. I have to make do with what I have. It's either I go with Chidinma to Kikelomo's party or wait behind for Motunrayo. I was seriously thinking of what I'm going to do, when Kikelomo's call rang on my phone.
I picked.
Me: (smiling) hello Kikelomo, I hope you are doing fine?
Kikelomo: yes Femi but not the way I ought to be and you know why
Me: is it because of the party invite?
Kikelomo: yes, you ought to have turned down the offer politely. Chidinma felt really bad about the whole issue. I just spoke with her on the phone and she's not happy at all.
Me: it's not that I don't want to come with her to the party but I have an appointment tomorrow. If it's another day, I would have come along and you know that.
Kikelomo: what appointment do you have tomorrow? Is it not your lesson time that she's asking for? The party starts 11am.
Me: (confused state) I don't know what to do now? Let me call Chidinma and explain to her. I hope she will understand.
Kikelomo: what do you want to explain to her that you can't explain to me? Just come to the party.
I ended the call promising to feed her back. I dialled Chidinma's number and She picked.
Chidinma: hello Femi.
Me: (low voice) it seems that you are not happy with me?
Chidinma: I don't pretend that all is well when it's not; but I will be fine.
Me: I'm sorry if I made you sad but there are some things that you can't do anything about it.
Chidinma: okay ooo. So where are you going tomorrow?
Me: (stammers) to... to.... don't worry about where I am going. I just want to tell you that I'm sorry.
Chidinma: (sad voice) okay. I thought I knew a lot about you; but I can now see that I was wrong. It's your choice not mine.
It just that I don't know how to hide my feelings about somethings. I'm not really happy about the whole issue. You make me look cheap by begging you to come along for a
party.
Me: (low voice) you don't have to feel that way, I'm so sorry. I wished to come along but (cuts me off)

1 comment:

  1. Hhhmmmnnn na konji dey do am him no wan miss his chance of getting laid. Next pls

    ReplyDelete