Story of Addiction (Episode 154)



Me: they always come and go. I don't entertain guys coming after my sister. She is too young to be tampered with.
Tunde: (smiling) I'm just pulling your legs. Our rules forbid such closeness with one another relatives, so chill friend.
Me: (smiling) I know that she is not even your type... just don't have a change of heart. I don't like people bothering my sister.

We both laughed over it and he insisted that I come over to rooftop hotel. I ended the call and I rushed to my room to change my clothes. It's minutes after 6pm. I got a bike to the hotel and I went to straight to the relaxation spot.
I met Tunde, Ronke and three of the guys that got me beat up.
They kept shouting and hailing me at the top of their voices (Ikoko Ikoko).
Me: (smiling) it feels good to back and alive with you guys.
Tunde: (smiling) yes oooo... you are the last person I expected to come bail me. Femi, you are the man. 3 gbosa for Femi.
They all shouted Gbosa! Gbosa!! Gbosa!!!. I ordered for two big bottle of stout while we chatted away, I drank off. Tunde and his friends thanked me for coming to their aid when all road seems blocked. Tunde thanked me for bringing him and
Ronke back together: he said he never knew how precious she was to him until he got into the police net. I looked at her and she looks away; maybe Tunde's words got her off guard.
Me: (smiling) it's nothing my guys. I know that you would have done the same thing for me.
Tunde: (smiling) sure. Now I will do more than that for you.
We continued chatting and I could feel that I getting tipsy because of my alcohol intake. I checked the time; I was about excusing myself from their midst when I saw Shade. She wore a very tight jean and a colourful T-shirt. Her buttocks protrudes outside even in her tight jean. I called out her name (Shade). She looked back and puts on a lovely smile as she waited for me to come over. Tunde and co kept shouting 'ikoko' as I left the table. I approached her and we walked slowly together to the hotel building.
Me: (smiling) good evening Shade
Shade: (smiling) good evening Femi.
Me: I came to hangout with my friends. I was about to come inside to check on you when I saw you.
Shade: okay, here I am. What do you want from me?
Me: (smiling) why are you this cold towards me? I thought I apologised to you the other day.
Shade: do you want to know the truth Femi?
Me: (confused) yes
Shade: I have made many mistakes in my life by allowing everybody into my life. I choose my friends now and I don't think you passed to be called one
Me: (furious) that's the harshest thing that someone has ever said to me. So, I'm the one begging to be your friend. Who do you think you are? The last time I checked; you are one of the hottest chick in school. You are afraid that the tides has changed against you. You are not cute like our days in school.
You are just a common hotel chef. Rubbish girl.
Shade: (tears in her eyes) thank you. I'm a rubbish girl. Can I go now?
Me: (remorse) I'm sorry Shade. I never meant to make you feel this bad. I just wanted to make you angry like I promised the last time we talked on the phone. I mean no harm Shade.
Shade: (sobbing) please just stay away from me. I don't want people like you around me.
I was about to say something but she ran off before my words started making sense. It seems she is hurt by something. I need to get closer to her to find out; but how will I get closer if she keeps pushing me away. I stood there for sometime; sinking the whole event in. The look at my wrist- watch brought me back to my senses. It's 7pm. I dint even bother saying goodbye to Tunde&Ronke. I rushed out of the hotel compound and I headed straight home.
I went my to the bathroom. Took my bath and headed straight to Badoo's room. He's not back from school. I made use of his mouth floss; shut his door and went back to my room.

1 comment: