Story of Addiction (Episode 158)


Me: hello Chichi.
Chidinma: (smiling) haven't I told you not to call me that...
Me: I'm sorry... I'm just surprised to see your call.
Chidinma: (smiling) I just wanted to check on you.
Me: (smiling) or you wanted to know if I had done the assignment you gave me?
Chidinma: (smiling) I dint give you any assignment; did I?
Me: no ooo...I'm just pulling your legs. Are you missing me?
Chidinma: (embarrassed with voice low) no... I just wanted to check on you.
Me: (bedroom voice) if you are shy to admit it, I'm not. I miss you Chidinma. I always spent most of my days with you. So I miss you.

Chidinma: (low voice) so what do you miss about me?
Me: do you think you can handle what I miss about you?
Chidinma: sure... just tell me.
Me: (smiling) your smile and the voice.
Chidinma: what's it about my voice that you like?
Me: don't worry I will tell you anytime we see.
Chidinma: okay. I'm indoor since and a little bored, that's why I called you.
Me: why don't you go to your friends house?
Chidinma: I don't have friends living in my area, they are all in school.
Me: (smiling) I don't mean your girlfriends... I meant your boyfriend.
Chidinma: (paused briefly) I don't have one for now and please don't ask me what happened
Me: (smiling) okay Chichi, I meant to say okay ma.
She laughed and she asked how I handled the saga between Ruka and Bidemi. I told her all that happened and she just can't stop laughing. She ended the call and made me promise to call her back.
It's now 6pm. I laid my head back on the pillow and smiled at what transpired between Bidemi and I. She seems madly in love with me and I think I love her too. Her tags on me made me love her the more. It's just a misery how love works. I'm
very tired and hungry. I went to the kitchen and got myself something to eat. I slept off almost immediately I got back to my room. I woke up around 9pm with a hardon. I thought I'm over this issue. I hissed as I checked the missed calls on my phone. It's from Adedoyin and Sarah. I connected a call to Sarah and she begged me to stick to our plan, that Adedoyin has been complaining about my attitude. I ended the call with her after promising to call Adedoyin to apologise. I dialled Adedoyin's number and she picked.
Adedoyin: hello Femi, hope you are doing fine now?
Me: (yawning) yes, I was sleeping when you called. Just saw your missed calls.
Adedoyin: okay, I'm not supposed to be telling you this. I don't know how I got enslaved to you. I have been thinking if I had ever fallen in love with anybody as this before.
Me: (smiling) it makes the two of us. Even though I'm much younger than you, I love you. It's just that I never expected you to go back so soon.
Adedoyin: it's because of my job; and you are not chanced to come over to Abuja.
Me: yes.. I just miss you.
Adedoyin: me too. I wish you were here right now.
I made her laugh and she ended the call, promising to really help Sarah out with all that she's got. I closed my eyes and I slept off for the day.
I was starting to enjoying my sleep when I heard Funmilayo's voice.
Funmilayo: wake up brother Femi. Are you not going to church today?
I looked at her and she is all dressed up for church. It's Sunday already and it's almost 8:30am.
Me: (yawning) why dint you wake me up earlier.
Funmilayo: Good morning bros. I dint know that you will still be sleeping by this time. I'm sorry
Me: good morning... let me rush and take my bath.
I was able to meet up before them going to church. We all left for church. The sermon was a very inspiring one but I could not but notice the absence of the Adeboye's.
After the church service, I connected a call to Bidemi and she picked.
Bidemi: (happy) good morning Femi
Me: (smiling) good morning Bidemi.
Bidemi: I know that you would call when you dint see me in church today
Me: yes, I just want to know if all is well.
Bidemi: (smiling) all is well. Mum is staying with dad at home and they don't want me to go to the church alone.
Me: I see... hope you told your dad that I came around to check on him yesterday?

4 comments: