Story of Addiction (S02 E15)

The lab scientist kept asking question which pricks my conscience. I sat down like someone already condemned for crucifixion.
Finally.... she brings out a syringe and draws a little out of my blood (looking at the blood... please be negative).
Lab scientist: we are done for the first stage. Come back in the next 30mins for the result.
Me: (relieved a bit) thank you ma.
I stepped outside only to meet Sarah waiting for me outside.
She suggested while we wait: we should go and look for something to eat.
We asked one of the nurses and she volunteers to take us there.
It's not really a five star canteen but it's still manageable. We both ordered for our breakfast without saying a word to each other. We continued eating like that for awhile before Sarah decided to break the silence.

Sarah: (makes a sound) don't you want to talk about it?
Me: what? I'm fine (forcing a smile)
Sarah: (Smiling) you can't be fine. Because no one comes for this type of test and be fine. I'm nervous myself.
Me: really .... I'm not feeling okay about it. What if I'm positive? (cuts me off).
Sarah: it's not nice saying a thing like that when you are expecting a good result. Just eat your food and let's go back to the hospital. You can't be positive. I'm very sure of that.
I kept muted till we finished the meal. We paid and we left for the hospital. The closer we get, the harder my heartbeat gets.
I entered the lab and the lady scientist asked me to sit down.
She was not even Smiling this time. Maybe I'm positive?
Lab scientist: sorry for the time.
Me: no problem.
Lab scientist: there some questions I will still ask you.... I wont take much of your time.
Me: (give me my result first) okay.
She kept telling me that I should keep to one girlfriend. If I can't abstain from s*x, I should use protection (condom).
She finally told me that I was negative. I shouted in joy. She gave ten packets of condom. I dint want to collect it but she insisted on it.
I collected the condoms and that was when I looked at her face very well (she's beautiful oo).
Lab scientist: you need to do this type of test in every 3months
Me: Okay... thank you very much ma.
Lab scientist: it's my job but you are welcome. (she handed me the result paper).
I made for the door and the smile on my face didn't need any more confirmation from Sarah.
She gave me her result. She's negative too. We were very happy that we threw caution to the wind. She came closer and she kissed me. I reciprocated the kiss by sliding my tongue into her mouth.
I was enjoying it when two abroko nurses just bursted out from nowhere. We dis-engaged quickly but it seems they saw us because they just hissed when they bypass us (who cares... see their tololo legs sef shioo).
We headed for the car. I started the engine and we drove out of the compound.
Me: (very excited) where are we heading to?
Sarah: just drive to surulere... I know of a place where we can catch fun.
Me: surulere it is... (I sped off).
I just kept wondering why she would take me for a test and not informing me... my head was full of so many unanswered questions. I just kept driving towards Surulere.

4 comments: