Story of Addiction (S02 E30)

I woke up around 8am. I knew Chidinma would come around in an hour time. I dashed to the bathroom for my early morning drills.
I connected a call to Sarah. She picked. She reminded me of tomorrow. She pleaded that I should keep to my promise. I ended the call when I heard the bell sound; I guessed it has to be Chidinma.
I rushed to the gate and I guessed right. It was Chidinma quite alright but just dressed more formal that makes her more mature. I opened the gate and we chitchat while walking into the house.
Chidinma: Good Morning Femi

Me: Good Morning.... welcome.
Chidinma: so have you made up your mind about me taking you.
Me: (confused) What do you mean?
Chidinma: your mum explained everything to me... she told me why you dint want me to take you.
Me: (mummy sef) hmnnnnn... so what was your reaction after she told you?
Chidinma: does it really matters? Your decision is final.
I already know that I'm stuck with her but with our conversation now; she doesn't know that. I just have to swing the situation to my favour.
Me: Okay... I'm sorry. I have talked to one of my friends home tutor and he has already accepted to start tomorrow.
Chidinma: (looks sad) okay then... I think I should get going. your mum told me to expect something like that from you.
Me: it's okay then
She stood up to leave. Then she suddenly let me into her innermost secrets.
Chidinma: (voice low) I'm sorry to be bothering you but I just have to plead with you on this job.
Me: what do you have me do now? I had already told my new tutor to resume tomorrow.
Chidinma: (voice still low) you can still tell him about me. He has other students. I just need this job. We are on break now. I just have to raise some money before going back. (paused then continues) my parents only managed to pay my school fees. I can't tell them that I still have some departmental levy that's not included in the school fees. I still need to... (now tears rolling down her eyes) .
She kept talking with the tears still rolling down. I felt for her that I just had to stop the play acting.
Me: it's okay... You can have the Job.
Chidinma: thank you... thank you...
Me: but only on one condition....
Chidinma: anything...
Me: I won't be available for all the lesson days and you will not dare tell my mum.
Chidinma: (surprised) why won't you be available?
Me: not always... maybe once in a week, at most twice.
Chidinma: it's okay then... thank you for the job.
We dint even talk about anything about Chemistry. Maybe she's afraid that it might upset me.
Wetin concern me? I don't want the tutorial sef... Na my mummy wan just her waste money.

6 comments:

  1. Woah, nice one so our mom's share the same birthday day. Give her a hug and kiss from abeg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday in arrears to ur mom, long life and prosper in good health and wealth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to ur mum, may her yrs be long n MHR.

    ReplyDelete