Story of Addiction (Episode 102)

I rushed straight to my room. Thinking about Ruka bringing food for me. What if she puts love portion into it and I ended up washing her under wears. I'm not actually comfortable about her bringing food to me because I might as well get stuck with her.
I was seriously thinking about my date when my phone rang.
It was Sarah's. I picked and she just wanted to know if I had not forgotten our appointment. She hangs up when I told her what she wanted to hear.

It's now some minutes after 10am. I was about to dial my dates number when her call rang on my phone. I dint pick it but rushed to the gate to see if she's there. I opened the gate but no-one was there. I looked towards the direction of her house and behold she carries a black polythene bag with what I suggested to be a food flask.
I forced a smile as she approaches. My mind just wandered off (about the food thing) that I dint even take note of her dressing but still complimented her as we entered the house.
Me: (Smiling) nice dress... you look just like Ruka.
Ruka: (Smiling) what do you mean?
Me: I mean you always amuse me with your dressing... so simple and exquisite.
Ruka: thank you... you always dress nice yourself
We walked into the living room and I went straight to the fridge to get two bottles of soft drinks.
Ruka: hello Femi.... I brought food for you.
Me: (looking confused) food for me or food for us?
Ruka: (Smiling) for you... I have eaten before coming down here. so it's yours.
Me: (Smiling) I don't eat alone... I'm sorry... I will rather starve than to eat alone.
Ruka: Okay... I will eat little inside the food... if that would make you happy.
Me: (Smiling) sure... thank you... thank you.
I helped her to carry the nylon as we moved to the dinning table. She already prepared herself. She brought her own serving plate and spoons. I looked as she dished white rice, stew, plantain and fish.
I helped myself with a spoon. I took a spoonful of rice into my mouth. I was disappointed with the taste but I managed to swallow it down and force a smile.
Me: (Smiling) can you please help me with the water?
Ruka: don't you like it? (as she passed me the water)
Me: it's delicious.... I just want to savour the moment with water.
I took the water from her and I gulped it down. The food is not as tasty as I pretended it to be. Maybe, if too much salt in a food is what is being tasty is all about; then I would say it's tasty.
I ate the food with so much grief in my heart. I would have chosen to tell her that the food is not okay.. But I will definitely slow down the pace of my relationship with her. Besides; I don't want to break her heart.
I now started using the plantain as the stew to eat the rice. We both finished the meal and we went to the kitchen to do the dishes together.
Me: (Smiling) I dint know you are such a good cook.
Ruka: (Smiling).. don't make it worse than it already is... I know that there's too much salt in the stew and you just manage to eat it.
Me: no oo... that's the way I like my food... salt in it.
We were done with the dishes and we returned to the living room.
Me: life doesn't always give you what you want... but with you; I wouldn't have expected more from it.
Ruka: (Smiling) with me?
Me: (Smiling) yes my dear... Everytime I think you'ved accepted to be my special friend; I still think that I'm dreaming.
Ruka: (blushes) stop teasing me jo
Me: I wish I am but I'm not. I just love for no reason; maybe it's because you just make me smile without season. I love you Ruka.
Ruka: (Smiling) I love you more.

2 comments: