Story of Addiction (Episode 112)


Dedicating this post to Blessing, today is her birthday, God bless you for your family, please have a blast, Ikoko wishes you happy birthday!



We played on and I'm very mindful of the scores. Bidemi played as if her life depended on it. I know it means more than a game to her. I started adding to her scores each time she played; not letting either of them know.
We were about rounding up and Bidemi almost caught up with Ruka (scores) when my sister called (she must have sneaked her phone to school). I picked and she said that they are through in school. I asked her to wait in front of her school, that I'm coming to pick her.
Playing Scrabble, you won't know that time has gone. It's now 20minutes after 1pm. I informed them about the new development, and they both agreed to come along. Ruka seems to understand everything that is going on... she just
played along and acted as if she is not aware of it. I excused myself and I rushed into my room to get some money. I counted 30k and put it in my wallet I drove my Dad's car, and off we went to her school. I'm a little bit relax now. If Funmilayo is around, they won't dare do something silly. I smiled as I drove into the street of her school. We got there after 10mins that she ended the call.
Funmilayo: (smiling) good afternoon bros.. (waved her hands at Ruka and Bidemi at the back).
Bayo: Good afternoon Brother Femi... Funmilayo told me that you said I should come along with her; that you are taking us out.
Me: (smiling) yes... she insisted on you coming.... so don't get hush about the whole thing.
Bayo: (smiling) thank you Brother Femi... I understood you very well and I won't misinterpret this gesture of yours. Besides We are just friends.
Me: (frowning) you better remain friends... you guys are too young to be doing odd things... okay... hop in let's go!
We headed straight to KFC around the area. I gave my wallet to Funmilayo to place our order. She asked what everyone wanted then dragged Bayo along with her. I'm now left with my girlfriends. I brought out my phone and started taking their pictures. I asked Ruka to move closer to Bidemi; so that I can take both of their pictures. She moved closer and I took about 5 different pictures of them.
I scrolled my phone to the gallery and we all looked at the snapped pictures. They both look gorgeous but Ruka added more swag to the pictures. Why won't she? She has been taking pictures virtually every days of life. We took some selfies together. We were admiring the pictures when Bayo and Funmilayo came around. They flooded the table with trays of food. The trays couldn't contain the table meant for four people. I suggested Bayo and my wife (Funmilayo) to make use of the next table: so as to have more space on the table.
I'm now left with Bidemi and Ruka. We ate silently without uttering a word. I devoured my fried rice with chicken, thinking how I'm going to do the laundry of my brother. The bet is as good as lost now. I relaxed my mind and I tried to enjoy the moment.
I don't care what happens again. I moved from my table to Bayo's table. Started snapping Bayo and Funmilayo with my phone. I continued taking their pictures, not minding looking at the other table. I could hear Bidemi and Ruka whispering some words to themselves but who cares, I continued taking the pictures and sometimes interchanging the phone with Bayo/ Funmilayo to take the pictures. The pictures look too nice to be true. Bayo and Funmilayo looks cute together but I could still not betrayed my emotions because Funmilayo is my sister.
We were looking at the snapped pictures and laughing our hearts out when I heard Ruka's screaming at the top of her voice. "You can have him.. Okay". Everyone's attention was shifted to Ruka and Bidemi. I rushed over to their table, being cautious about the mood around. I wrapped my arms around Ruka, who was almost crying now.
Me: Ruka... what's it?
Ruka: (tears rolling down) it's nothing... I'm sorry Femi... I want to take my leave.
Me: (confused and looking at Bidemi) you said nothing but you want to take your leave. ... what happened Bidemi?
Bidemi: since she said nothing... it's nothing.
Ruka: (tears rolling freely now) I think we should go now. I'm tired of everything. I'm tired of.......
Me: it's okay... at least let us finish our food then we will leave.
I looked at Bidemi; which would signalled that I'm not very happy with her. She looked away with guilt showing in her eyes. If I'm to lose to the bet; at least it won't be like this. I never really wants it to be like this.

4 comments: