Story of Addiction (Episode 104)

I excused myself to pick the call. I walked away but not too far from Ruka..... she could hear everything I say into the phone with my conversation with Sarah. I picked.
Me: hello
Sarah: hello dear... how are you doing?
Me: I'm fine (staring at Ruka) and you?
Sarah: never would have been better... I rushed all my office work just to be with you today.
Me: (mixed feelings) really....

Sarah: (tone excited) yes... in fact, I'm presently at the gate of Rooftop hotel, contemplating to come over to your house and pick you.
Me: (pick ke).... I would have loved that, but I'm very busy right now. Let's make it the actual time. I might even come around before then. I do want to come early.... at least to spend more time with Tunde, it's been long since we chitchat together.
Sarah: (voice raised) you better look for another time for that... not on my own time, would you do that.
Me: Okay... never mind.... let me rush what I'm doing... I will join you now.
Sarah: (giggles) Okay dear... love you.
I ended the call and I immediately put my phone on silent, should incase she calls back. I looked at Ruka. It was obvious that I'm talking with a lady. She asked the expected question
Ruka: who was that?
Me: oooh.... Sarah... she is Tunde's girlfriend. The guy I introduced you to.. outside our gate. She has a little problem with him and she wants me to help her beg him.
Ruka: oooh Tunde... I remember him quite alright. how come that Tunde is your friend?
Me: (confused) What do you mean?
Ruka: (looking serious) how come you have a guy that is all tattooed up as a friend? The first day you introduced us, I thought he's just a casual friend. But now Femi... I don't ... (cuts her off).
Me: I know everything that you are about to say. Appearance shows virtually everything you are. But Tunde is not like that.... he's an easy going person ... Infact I have the same view about him when I first met him some years back (lied)
Ruka: Okay oooo.... but he looks like one of those yahoo boys. What job does he do that warrants him driving such big car?
Me: (Smiling) that's what I'm saying.... it's because you are not close to him; that's why you say things like that about him.
I came to your audition with my dad's car, does that make me a fraudster? No... does your Fatimo thinks I'm one? I don't think so...
Ruka: (looking unconvinced) okay dear... I'm just not comfortable about you associating with him.
Me: (Smiling)
It's now 4:20pm and I wondered why Funmilayo is not at home by that time. Maybe she went out with Bayo again. I have my hands full already to be thinking about her.
Ruka admitted enjoying herself. She stood up to take her leave. I dashed towards her and we kissed till we were both gasping for air. I saw her off to the gate helping her to carry her nylon of flask and plate. She left for her house staring with her face full of love.
I'm now alone. Looking down the road, hoping to see Funmilayo coming home. I dashed into the house disappointed.
I rushed to the bathroom; took my bath and changed my clothes.
I rushed down to Rooftop hotel.

2 comments: