Story of Addiction (S01 E43)

I summoned the courage to chat her up.
Me: we guys are best of friends before what happened at the cinemas. I'm sorry for whatever I might have caused between you and your sister. I regretted every action of it till now. Just find it in your heart to forgive me.
Kikelomo: (now emotional)... you don't know the extent of what you have done.... I have nothing against you. it's Bidemi you need to talk to because she's the one being moody about the whole thing since Sunday.

Me: Thank You ! Can I see her?
Kikelomo: yes...she's in her room.
Me: won't you come with me?
She looks at me and said "go... I will come and join you later"
I was about entering her room when my proposed David called and the sound of my ringing tone might have alerted her that I am around.
I entered her room.
Me: good morning
Bidemi: good morning
Me: I heard you are not feeling too good... that's why I came: hope you are feeling much better now?
Bidemi: (nods her head up&down).
Me: I'm sorry for everything that I have caused you.
Bidemi: (starts crying)... it's okay... I will be fine.
I was touched when I saw her crying.... And I knew that I really hurt her.
Me: I'm sorry. I have not being myself of late. I still drink once in a while but that's only when I think about you. I can't continue to live like this. Please forgive me. Let us continue with her friendship.
After much begging; she eventually succumbed. I hugged her and asked if she would follow me to open a bank account with First Bank. She said yes.... she dressed up and we are ready to go.
We got to the living room and Kikelomo was surprised to see both of us going out so soon.
Bidemi: Femi is going to the bank to open an account. We are going together.
Me: I think I have an idea.... we all go to the bank to open my bank account then we head off to the cinemas.
Kikelomo: what gave you the impression that I would want to go anywhere with you?
Me: (just dump folded, didn't say anything)
Bidemi: hanhan; I thought he has begged you. He only wants our friendship besides he's the only friend that we'ved got.
Kikelomo: and so what? (now crying) Is that why he should be taking us for granted. If he cares about that he won't be trampling on our emotions.
Me: (voice shaking) you have every right to be angry. I think I deserved more harsh treatment than what you people are melting down on me right now. I think Kikelomo is right. I don't deserve your friendship. I betrayed the love and trust you guys had for me. (trying hard to hold down the tears in my eyes). I think I should start going. Bidemi Kikelomo.... please do take care of yourself. I know someday, somehow, you girls would move along. As for me, I'm already moving along with my alcoholic life style.
Tears started rolling down their eyes. and as for me, I just have to move away from this place; make man no go fu*k up.
I turned and was heading for the door.

3 comments: